Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. – Liability Release & Assumption of Risk Agreement
ATTENTION: PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
By purchasing your Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. Season Pass you agree to the following:
To make the system work, it is imperative all Passholders follow these simple rules and agree to be bound by the policies and conditions on this application. The term “user” as used throughout this RELEASE includes, but is not limited to skiers, snowboarders, mountain bikers, hikers and any other recreational users, regardless of the season. This season pass is a revocable license under the laws of Maine and is revocable at the sole decision of the licensor; Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. The issuance of a pass authorizes the licensee to use related recreational amenities at Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. in Fort Kent, Maine.
The licensee agrees that he/she does not and shall not claim at any time any interest or estate of any kind or extent whatsoever in Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. or its premises by virtue of this license or use hereunder.
- In issuing this season pass, Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc., makes no guarantees as to opening date, days of operation, or lifts and trails in operation. Refunds, exchanges or transfers will not be given due to late opening, early closing or conditions. The buyer of a season pass assumes all risk of a marginal snow year
- Season Passes are NON-TRANSFERRABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE They may not be resold. Fraudulent use or violation of any area policy may result in pass cancellation without refund. Violations of any Federal, State, or Local laws while on Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. property, or of ski area boundary policy, will result in season pass cancellation without refund. Purchaser agrees to display season pass at all times when accessing lifts or trails.
- Lost Season Pass: If your Season Pass is lost or stolen, you must report it to the Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. Season Pass office immediately. A charge of $5.00 will be made for reissuing a new season pass. If you find your lost season pass, you are required to immediately notify Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. and return it to the Season Pass Office. Forgotten Season Pass: A charge of $5.00 will be made for issuing a daily lift ticket. If your ticket or Season Pass is found on another person, you will lose your pass privileges for the remainder of the season with no compensation.
- The purchaser and/or user of this pass understands that mountain recreation may be hazardous and accepts and assumes the risks inherent in various forms of mountain recreation including but not limited to: changing weather conditions; bare spots; variations in snow, ice and terrain along with bumps, moguls, stumps, forest growth and debris and rocks; loose gravel and dirt, uneven terrain; grooming and other types of equipment on slopes; lift towers and other structures and their components; collisions with others and the recreational user’s failure to participate within their own individual ability. In using the pass and recreating at the area, such dangers are recognized and accepted whether they are marked or unmarked. The user acknowledges that falls and collisions and other accidents do occur and that serious injury or death may result and, therefore, assumes the risk that is inherent in these activities. Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. advocates safe practices on the slopes and recommends wearing a helmet while skiing and snowboarding. In addition to the proper use of helmets, Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. adheres to the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) “Your Responsibility Code” to help sports enthusiasts avoid injury and make their experience as safe and enjoyable as possible. IN CONSIDERATION FOR EACH AND EVERY RIDE ON ANY SKI LIFT DEVICE, THE USER OF THIS PASS HEREBY RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. AND ITS AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE CLAIMS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE PASS.
- ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND ALL OTHERS NAMED, INCLUDING ANY MINOR CHILDREN, ON THIS SEASON PASS APPLICATION, I HEREBY RELEASE Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. AND ITS OWNERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY TO MYSELF AND ALL OTHERS NAMED ON THIS SEASON PASS APPLICATION, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE CLAIMS, ACCEPTING MYSELF THE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL SUCH DAMAGE OR INJURY OF ANY KIND WHICH MAY RESULT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OF THIS PASS.
- Should any part of this Agreement be rendered or declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction of the State of Maine, such invalidation of such part or portion of this Agreement should not invalidate the remaining portions thereof, and they shall remain in full force and effect.
- In consideration of using Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. facilities, I CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ALL claims for injury and/or death shall be GOVERNED by MAINE STATE LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION shall be in the State of Maine.
I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents.
If I am agreeing on behalf of a minor, I accept full responsibility for all expenses incurred as a result of the minor's participation in recreating at Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. I agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, and INDEMNIFY Lonesome Pine Trails, Inc. for any claims brought by or on behalf of my minor child(ren), including negligence claims.